Regardless of whether you are a pet owner or not, the expectation and doubts you have now about owning a pet will change after I walk you through this article about the pet and healthcare showing the benefits of owning a pet and improving its health and how will it affect your health positively by improving your own health from decreasing your blood pressure even to have a “good shaped” body.
Nowadays, more and more people consider pets as part of the family, and it is a trend growing steadily among thousands, if not millions of people. In fact, People around the world love their pets, eat with them, talk to them, and enjoying their company.
Animals now are an essential part of our family lives and a significant family member, particularly to children, they can be an indispensable companion for them. Children with pets have an emotional attachment that benefits their health in many ways; they may have higher levels of self-esteem, empathy compared to those who do not own pets.
YES, it is vital to own a pet, but as necessary, it is people who need to know and understand how to keep their pets healthy and how this affects both their life and health either physically or psychologically.
I am going to break this down into five layers. The first is explaining the importance of owning a pet on our life and health. The second is going to be the importance of improving your pet health. Then the third is going to focus on how to enhance your pet health and how to know if your pet is sick. Then I will provide you with some tips on how to choose the right pet for you. In the end, I will give you some pieces of advice about when to seek professional pet healthcare.
Importance of Owning a Pet
Have you ever wondered why when a pet dies, the owners feel sad and mourn it in a way that is similar to that of a loss of a human being? That only means one thing Pets and humans have a powerful bond between each other, therefore losing a pet cause deep grief to us.
Because we consider Animals a member of our families the bond becomes so strong between them and us and this particular bond is not the reason only for better health for us; it can also help to build a good community, Pets owners tend to have a better social life and connect with more people than those without pets.
While we know that the bond between humans and pets can be powerful, there are many benefits to your health mentally and physically. Owning an animal is known to increase the opportunity to get outside, do activities, exercise, and socialize. Regular playing and walking with your pet can improve your blood pressure by decreasing it, decreasing cholesterol levels as well as decreasing the level of triglyceride. Let’s not forget the companionship with a pet will minimize and manage the loneliness and depression just by being there for us.
Now here are some ways your dear pet improves your health:
- Improve your heart health and keep you fit can be one of the most significant benefits and result from walking and playing with dogs, going outside regularly, decreasing your cholesterol and triglyceride levels make your heart and even your arteries healthy. Theoretically, that gives you a longer lifespan and more years to live with a high survival rate among pet owners. In turn, this activity helps us stay active and fit being old into our 70s or 80s.
- What is the best than this activity to lose some weight without going through all that pain in the gym or take different harmful pills? A study showed that those who own a dog and walk them five times a week lost up to 15 pounds over the year, and the excellent part people do not consider it exercise, which makes it a passive way to lose weight without even thinking about it.
- Make our social life active and improve it, let’s face it, it is easier for pet owners to find friends or even their love! You go outside with your dog, and you meet others and share your stories with them about your pets, and that is one of the best ways to have a better social life.
- Now here stating the apparent pets reduce the feeling of loneliness and reduce stress because of the companionship and the activities pets and owners do together. They are increasing the levels of what so-called “Happy Hormones” like serotonin and dopamine. Let’s not forget owning a pet play a huge role too in reducing depression, especially dog owners there are few studies suggested that owning a dog can reduce depression.
- How many times have you heard that doctors advise people to get a pet to induce and improve kids’ allergy and even the immune system? It is known that owning a dog or a cat, for example, can lower the chances for kids to get allergic to pets and improve the immune system in general. That means reduce doctors’ visits not only for kids, even for older people.
There are many other benefits of owning a pet to our health, but those mentioned above can show us how great it is to own a pet for our kids and us and show us that Pet And Healthcare have a secure connection.
Importance of Improving Your Pet Health
Keeping your pet healthy is the central part and a massive role in their life, which determines the relation of Pet And Healthcare. It is excellent to own them and have fun and do activities, but we need to give pets good healthcare. It is simply vital because you protect yourself and your pet from getting sick. But you should know that Pets like dogs can get sick quickly, and some of these diseases can kill them like Oral diseases.
It is simple to take care of them and provide them with proper healthcare by just pay close attention to them. Their behavior and, of course, do regular Veterinary visits and exams, preferably every six months or as your vet suggests. You need to know that pets like age quickly, so does their health, and that’s why it is essential to do the visits and examine your pet regularly.
By providing excellent healthcare and improving their health both you and your pet will benefit from it by staying healthy, happy, and living together longer life.
How to Improve your Pet Healthcare
Okay! Now we know how important to keep our pets healthy, But the question is … HOW?
There are several ways to keep your pet healthy:
- you need to check its weight regularly keeping a healthy weight means your pet is healthy and fewer risks for diseases.
- Pets, as we concluded from this article just like us humans, so playing and exercising with it is an excellent way to keep it healthy both physically and psychologically.
- Oh well … Keep the diet balanced and nutritious. No need to feed it some chocolates !! some animals can die or get diseases from eating our food, so be careful.
- Regular visits to your veterinarian and examine your pet as well as get rid of the fleas or other types of parasites. And do not forget to Vaccinate your pet to protect it from some dangerous diseases such as rabies or distemper.
Finding The Right Pet
The fun part starts now, Finding the right pet, or I prefer to say finding the right companion.
It is crucial to find the right pet for you and your family. That is why I suggest doing proper research beforehand about different things related to pets like the follows :
- The pet lifespan, it is important to know how long your pet will live.
- The food your pet is going to need and how much does that cost, and you need to know if there is an exceptional food for this pet.
- It’s size, I mean, not everyone owns a big house, right? So you need to check your pet size.
- Of course, you need to check how much does it cost you for veterinary healthcare.
- And this point one of the most critical points for me; you need to ask yourself this question. Do I have enough time to take care of it and clean up after it?
- What kind of exercise does this pet need and asks yourself, Can I do it?
- Lastly, you need to check if your family members, especially kids and older people are healthy, and their immune system is strong because it can be risky for people with weak immunity.
After checking all these points, you will be ready to decide which pet you can own and even when to own it, if you are prepared, you will know it!
When to Seek a Professional Pet Healthcare Help
As I mentioned before, Animals can get sick so quickly, and some diseases can be deadly, knowing when to seek professional healthcare for your pet can be tricky sometimes because simply we can’t talk to them and ask them. However, by having a strong bond with the animal, you can feel how sick your pet is, and maybe you will feel the same pain your pet feel.
Some signs can be alarming that your pet is sick, and it is suggested to seek professional help when you think your pet is ill.
The top Signs indicate that your pet is ill are :
1- Bad Breath or Difficulty of breathing.
2- Bad appetite and losing or gaining weight.
3- Behavioral changes can be by being aggressive or sleeping too much or anything abnormal than usual.
4-Obvious pain as the difficulty of chewing or noticing redness and swelling.
And there are more signs other than those, but in general, if you notice anything out of the ordinary you need to seek or ask professional healthcare to take care of your pet.
Improve Pet Health, Improve Your Health is our code!
As far as I’m concerned, anyone read this article understands how important to take care of animals and own them and the relation of Pet And Healthcare. Taking care of your pet and owning one actually benefits you and your health, and it is a perfect opportunity for your kid to have a healthy, happy life.
Let us make this world a better place for all of us by helping each other and keeping our nature and animals healthy. Helpings animals to have a happy, healthy life is one of my goals of life, and I wish to reach everyone with this message and make these fluffy creatures happy.
**Do not forget to hug, cuddle and play with your pet after reading this.
Founder of Fluffy Health & Life